I have tried about five taco seasoning recipes and none of them were quite right, until I stumbled upon this one a couple years ago. I can’t remember where I first saw this… All Recipes, CopyKat Recipes… something like that!
This is now my go-to taco seasoning recipe. We usually make a master batch of this (my master batches are usually at least quadruple recipes) and store it in the pantry in a mason jar so we have it on hand.
We use this for tacos and any other recipe that calls for taco seasoning.
1/4 C chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp paprika
2 TB ground cumin
4 tsp salt
2 tsp black pepper
Combine all the ingredients.
Fry the ground beef. Use 2 TB of taco seasoning per lb of ground beef. Add 1/4-1/2 C water (per lb of ground beef) and stir well. Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
Tacos! Yum! We like Street Tacos, Shredded Chicken Tacos, Guacamole, Taco Salad, Tostadas, Beef and Bean Burritos, Breaskfast Burritos, Black Beans and Rice, and Cheesey Chip Dip with tortilla chips. We enjoy a lot of Mexican food around here!
What is your favorite Mexican food?
- 1/4 C chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 TB ground cumin
- 4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients. Store is an airtight jar until ready to use.
- Fry the ground beef.
- Use 2 TB of taco seasoning per lb of ground beef.
- Add 1/4-1/2 C water (per lb of ground beef) and stir well.
- Allow to simmer 10-15 minutes.
- I like to make a quadruple batch of this and store it in my pantry in a glass mason jar. It is nice to have this recipe on hand when I need it.