This post contains affiliate links.
This is a very simple version of guacamole that I learned how to make by watching it be made at a Mexican restaurant. They added raw onion, but I am not a fan, so I don’t. A few of my boys would eat the entire bowl by themselves if I would let them. I love avocado. I like it sliced, diced, mashed, or fried! (Have you have tried it fried? It’s amazing! I’ll have to post the recipe sometime.)
I have some avocado fans in my home, but I also have a couple of avocado haters in my home too. Alas, all is well. More guacamole for me!
2 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 onion, diced (optional)
1 small tomato, diced (optional)
Halve the avocados, removing the pit. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl. Mash the avocado with a fork or a potato masher.
Chop the cilantro, onion, and tomato.
Add all the remaining ingredients.
I am hoping I can pass along my love of avocados and guacamole to my future grandchildren. I am pretty sure I can teach a couple of my sons how to make this, so the generational love of avocados isn’t lost. And to the future children of my avocado haters? Just come on over to Grandma’s and I’ll make it for you!
Are you an avocado lover or hater? What about your family?
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 onion, diced (optional)
- 1 small tomato, diced (optional)
- Halve the avocados, removing the pit.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork or a potato masher.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Stir together until well blended.
- Serve with Street Tacos, chips, Shredded Chicken Tacos, or just eat the entire bowl plain!