I am so excited about this new series! I have now over 100 posts and sometimes the older posts tend to get a little buried. I am so blessed to have many readers who started with me in the beginning and I am excited to see my new readers coming on a regular basis. My goal with the series is to “highlight the good stuff” so that we can all get in on the fun!
Welcome to Give Me 5!
It is birthday season around here. Four of the six gentlemen in our family have birthdays in this five week span. In celebration of birthday season, we are starting out with Give Me 5 Desserts!
In no particular order, here are 5 of our favorites!
Give Me 5 Desserts!
1. Let’s start out with these awesome Chocolate No Bake Cookies. I love these cookies! I might need to go make some this afternoon! What is there not to love about chocolate and peanut butter and not heating up the house with the oven? Bring on the cookies!
2. Now, you need to know that I have had some pretty serious pie failures in my life. Like the time we had Pie & Praise at church, and I had just had a baby a couple weeks before that, and I ruined the pie AND I almost had to throw away a cast iron pan! And, I had to call “uncle” and my husband went out and bought two pies to bring to the church Pie & Praise. How embarrassing! But… the good news? This is not one the pie I messed up! Dutch Apple Pie is an amazing pie that is not difficult to make. I love this pie.
3. Fudge! I love fudge! We always make fudge around Christmas time and it’s tons of fun to experiment with different flavors. This is my basic fudge recipe and you can start from here and make all kinds of creations! I also have Mint Chocolate Chip, Orange, and White Chocolate Raspberry Fudge recipes… but they are all fudge so we won’t count them against the Give Me 5 Desserts.
4. My husband’s all time favorite dessert ever!! He is a southern boy through and through. A country style restaurant is always judged by the Banana Pudding and he doesn’t go easy on them. Very few pass the test. I knew when we first got married that I am going to have to learn how to make this. I have to admit, it is very tasty!
5. I am a huge fan of chocolate. I could eat it every day that ends in “y”. Chocolate is my friend. But every once in awhile, I get a hankering for a dessert that isn’t chocolate. Strange, I know! Blueberry Snack Cake is a wonderful non-chocolaty dessert. It is so incredibly yummy!