We had some friends over the other night and I decided to have a baked potato bar for dinner. I was craving some cheese sauce, so my daughter and I came up with this recipe. It was a hit!
This may hold the record for my shortest recipe ever, but it is so simple that there isn’t that much to say!
Easy Cheese Sauce
1 recipe Cream of Whatever Soup
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
Make one batch of Cream of Whatever Soup. This time we made it with freshly ground wheat so that my son could enjoy this cheese sauce with us. It gave the sauce a little bit of texture. If you like your sauce silky smooth, either sift out the bran of your freshly ground flour, or use white flour instead.
Stir in remaining ingredients into the soup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the cheese is melted!
That’s it! Super easy!
What is your favorite thing to put cheese sauce on?
- 1 recipe of Cream of Whatever Soup (or 1 can if not making your own)
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- Make one batch of Cream of Whatever Soup.
- Stir in remaining ingredients into the soup.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the cheese is melted!
- This is really yummy over baked potatoes, broccoli, or French fries.